Despite slowdown there are number of carmaker who have several model lined up to be introduced in Indian automotive market. Let’s have a closer look at some of them:
- Datsun Go – The launch of this low cost car brand was one of the highlighting news of 2013. And in 2014, the brand will be launching a series of low cost cars in India. The first and most talked about among those is Datsun Go whose price range is expected between Rs.3-4 lakhs. This small car will be competing against Nissan Micra Active, Hyundai Santro Xing, and others.
- SsangyongKorando – Ssangyong made a good start with Rexton last year. And it is all ready to submit its next entry in Indian automotive market. SsangyongKorando, whose price range is expected somewhat between Rs.12-16 lakhs is a highly anticipated upcoming car in India in 2014. Korando is the first SUV that has been built on monocoque platform of Ssangyong, the car will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that will be in position to deliver power worth 175PS.
- 2014 Volkswagen Vento–Despite loaded with a powerful engine and pretty elegant design, Vento could not bring required stir in Indian automotive market. The 2014 Vokswagen Vento is therefore one of the awaited upcoming cars in India in 2014. The new version of this car has been bestowed with several new features like a new fascia, new power mills, redesigned bumpers, double barrel headlights, and new tail lights. The car will be competing against some of the most potent sedans in Rs.6-9 lakhs price range such as Honda City, Hyundai Verna, and a few others.
- Datsun Go Plus – Another flower from Datsun’s bouquet, this MPV will be offered in the price range of Rs.5-8 lakhs. Also, known as GO+, this car will be sharing its basic platform with Go hatchback. Apart from Datsun Go, it is the second most talked about Nissan’s upcoming car India 2014 that is being eagerly looked upon.
- Volkswagen Up – Volkswagen has always been known for offering good quality vehicles with good price. It is for the first time that Volkswagen is planning to get into low cost car segment. Volkswagen Up, that is one of the counted upcoming cars in India in 2014, will be launched in the price range of Rs.3-6 lakhs. The cars’ production will be localized in order to cut down the costs.